A pillar page is essentially a hub or basis on which other pages, known as topic clusters, are built. They cover all aspects of the topic on a single page, with room for more detailed content on the cluster pages.
Essential elements of a good pillar page include:
– A clear topic with a title and meta description
– An introduction to the topic
– Quality content covering all aspects of the topic, including keywords, visuals, and links
– Internal links to related cluster pages
– External links to relevant resources.
Since they provide a clear overview of a topic and related subtopics, pillar pages help to guide users through related content. As such, they can be useful for improving the page rank of a website, as search engines may use them to establish the main theme and relevance of specific topics.